Messsage to our customers about COVID-19 Coronavirus
May 29, 2020
All branch lobbies to open, Monday, June 1st
April 6, 2020
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
Paycheck Protection Program
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, small business owners in all U.S. states, Washington D.C., and territories are eligible to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan advance of up to $10,000. To apply for a COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan, click here.
The SBA Debt Relief program will provide a reprieve to small businesses as they overcome the challenges created by this health crisis.
March 25, 2020
- If you are experiencing a financial hardship directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us by phone, email or inquire online here so we can determine best how to assist you. For online inquiries, please do not include account numbers, social security numbers and other private information in your inquiry.
- Bank of the Finger Lakes will eliminate overdraft fees to any individual who can demonstrate financial hardship from COVID-19.
- Please contact your banking officer to discuss any financial concerns. We are committed to serving your banking needs during this time of uncertainty. As the situation continues to change, we will be here to help.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering an Economic Injury Disaster Loan that small businesses in New York State are eligible for. Small Businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, and private non-profits can apply directly on the SBA website: Click here.
March 23, 2020
We continue to evaluate ways to best help our customers with the impacts of COVID-19. Effectively addressing customer concerns and trying to stay healthy is our primary focus right now. Our team is here to help with your banking needs as the COVID-19 situation progresses. We are making updates to our processes and procedures to better serve your financial needs during this time:
- Effective 3/24/20 all customer and non-customer ATM fees will be waived until further notice.
- Early termination fees will be waived on CD account withdrawals for transactions up to $20,000.
- Mobile deposit is available to all mobile banking customers. Default deposit limits can be increased as needed.
- Please contact your banking officer with loan payment accommodation requests.
Fraud Protection & Information Security
Bank of the Finger Lakes takes the security of our customer's non-public information very seriously. We have policies, procedures, and controls in place to help protect against fraud. Cyber criminals will unfortunately take advantage of the pandemic. Please be aware of potential scams and stay vigilant to protect your financial information:
- Avoid opening unsolicited emails with links and attachments as they could contain malicious files.
- Do not divulge your bank account, debit card, and social security numbers unless you initiated the conversation and know it is a reputable organization.
- Be on guard for impostors who contact you claiming to be from a bank, non-profit, or other organization looking for money.
- Call to verify. Performing a call back to verify an email to a known phone number is the best defense.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns. We are in this together.
March 19, 2020
Bank of the Finger Lakes remains open
Effective 3/20/20 we will change how we do business and move to Drive Thru service only at our Geneva Branch. The Penn Yan branch lobby will be available by appointment only.
Bank of the Finger Lakes continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation. We are concerned the safety and well-being of our employees and customers. Our team is available to help if you need us. To practice social distancing and protect our team members, we ask that customers please call 315-789-1500 or 315-536-4110 for service.
March 18, 2020
We are here for you during this challenging time.
In an effort to practice social distancing and protect our team members, we ask that you help us limit our lobby traffic
We encourage our customers to utilize the following products & services we offer:
Night Drop Vault - Safely leave your deposit in our vault using an envelope
- Full Service ATM - Make cash and check deposits at our ATM
Online & Mobile Banking - Free online banking enroll now
Mobile Deposit – Deposit a check using your smartphone camera
Online Deposit Account Opening – open a checking or savings account apply now
Apply for a Mortgage – Online application available apply now
Contact Us – Our team can help with transfers, account maintenance, time deposit renewals and other account services. Please call us at: 315-789-1500 or 315-536-4110
Drive Thru Banking – Full banking drive thru services available at our Geneva office at 389 Hamilton Street
March 17, 2020
To Our Valued Customers and Friends:
The Bank of the Finger Lakes team continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID19) situation every day. Our business continuity team is reviewing ongoing developments from the Center for Disease Control (https://cdc.gov) and the World Health Organization (https://www.who.int/).
We are committed to providing an environment that protects the safety of our customers and employees. We are implementing business continuity/pandemic preparedness plans to help provide the resources and management focus necessary to provide that environment. We’ve also updated and tested our internal emergency contact system to better prepare for possible future scenarios.
As your trusted local community bank, we understand that access to our banking services may be critical to you. We continue to operate all our branches with normal banking hours. We encourage customers to utilize our drive thru banking services. Many of our products and services also are available electronically. If you don’t currently utilize our online/mobile banking services, I encourage you to consider signing up for them. The ATM machines at all our offices are full-service units that accept deposits and make account transfers, besides providing cash withdrawals. These full-service ATMs are there to give you additional flexibility outside of normal banking hours.
We really appreciate your business and are ready to help with your financial matters during this time of uncertainty. We take this situation seriously and know it is stressful. We are working diligently to ensure our banking services continue to be readily available on an uninterrupted basis. We’re in this together.
Thank you for the opportunity to be your banking partner.
Jeff Franklin, Unit President
Mike Briggs, President & CEO
Locations & Contacts
Geneva Office & Drive thru Penn Yan Office
389 Hamilton Street 100 Main Street
Geneva, NY 14456 Penn Yan, NY 14527